What can we learn about masculinity from an adventurer?
John Beede a worldwide adventurer who has traveled to 67 countries, written 3 books, and given live presentations to nearly 1 million audience members.
He has climbed to the top of the tallest mountain on every continent, including Mount Everest. He has kite surfed in every ocean on the planet. In the last nine years, he survived avalanches, pulmonary edema, tribal warfare, and a whole lot of Clif bars.
But his biggest challenge was when he sat down quietly on a sofa and told someone about his pain.
John’s newest book is The Warrior Challenge: 8 Quests for Boys to Grow Up with Kindness, Courage, and Grit. In this important book, John talks about how to raise young men in challenging times. Traits we’ve always considered masculine–like being tough and not showing emotion–are no longer what we want for our boys. Especially when society most needs unity, empathy, and the understanding that all humans are created equal.
Learn more about John Beede:
- Book: The Warrior Challenge: 8 Quests for Boys to Grow Up with Kindness, Courage, and Grit, https://amzn.to/2VtSdOi
- John Beede: https://JohnBeede.com
- John Beede on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/johnbeede
- John Beede on Twitter: https://twitter.com/johnbeede
- John Beede on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnbd